Search This Blog

Welcome

Welcome to the Toadstool Cottage Crafts blog.

Hi I'm Pip and this is my blog about the behind the scenes goings on of my business - Toadstool Cottage Crafts. I've always loved craft and sewing but last year I thought I'd see if I could make it into a business.

This blog is a way of sharing my journey with you the ups and downs the successes and disasters (and there have been a few!). I know it will at least give you something to laugh at, but hope it will provide you with tips and inspiration for your own craft endeavours! If you have a question or something to say just leave me a comment.


Friday 20 March 2020

Self Isolation Day Four


Worst news of the day is that my younger daughter has had to cancel her wedding, just the same as my friend's daughter. it is so stressful for them and so very sad. Never mind we will make up for it at the rearranged weddings.

I only have a limited amount of fabric scraps left after my first cushion cover so today's cushion cover was smaller but I managed to finish it all and this time I had to use yellow poppers after wasting my orange ones yesterday. But here they both are and I am very pleased with them and they are all made from my fabric stash, so have cost me nothing.


My husband sent out a text this morning saying that he was running low on black grapes, I couldn't understand why and pointed out to him that he had half a packet left in the fridge. Later on in the day my daughter in law dropped off some 'essential supplies' in the front porch.


Fabulous 'essentials'!

Not long after this a friend of my husband dropped off some homemade jam, a couple of homemade  scones and a container of homemade celery soup. All left in the porch.

And then later in the afternoon my son in law popped round with two slices of homemade Nigella Lawson's 'Grasshopper cake' and two packets of black grapes! Anyone need any grapes?

What fabulous friends and family we have.

My husband didn't manage much today, he got up about 3.30 pm and then went back to bed at 4.30 pm. He did surface again about 7.00 pm which was handy because we had a family get together over the internet, it should have started at 8.00 pm but by the time I had worked out what I was supposed to do we managed to join the chat about 15 mins. late. Technology is a wonderful thing if only I could understand it!

The new printer has arrived along with some ink supplies and more importantly my sewing thread has arrived. I think perhaps I should finish my cushion covers first before I start my bag, after all there is no rush I have plenty of time.

Oh dear I am having problems with technology again, I don't think the internet is working very well. This will either not be posted or will be posted many times!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment