Search This Blog

Welcome

Welcome to the Toadstool Cottage Crafts blog.

Hi I'm Pip and this is my blog about the behind the scenes goings on of my business - Toadstool Cottage Crafts. I've always loved craft and sewing but last year I thought I'd see if I could make it into a business.

This blog is a way of sharing my journey with you the ups and downs the successes and disasters (and there have been a few!). I know it will at least give you something to laugh at, but hope it will provide you with tips and inspiration for your own craft endeavours! If you have a question or something to say just leave me a comment.


Thursday 19 March 2020

Self Isolation Day Three

Today I finished my cushion cover.


It took a lot more fabric than I originally thought so I decided to make the back out of normal fabric. I found an unused pillow case that was a perfect match for my colour scheme. Way, way back (probably about 20 years ago) we purchased a wardrobe for my younger daughter's bedroom, it was one of Ikea's the sort that came in sections. So there was a section for hanging, a section of wire trays and a section of shelves and drawers. It came with wonderful mirrored doors, available separately of course, but we couldn't afford the mirrored doors, so we bought a duvet set and cut it into curtains which we hung instead of doors, and the pillowcase was left unused. I have saved it all these years knowing that one day I would need it!



To make life easier I used poppers for the closing, well it would have been easier if I had put them the correct way round. I had to use 2 pairs of pliers to break the poppers off, very cross with myself for being so stupid, but I do quite like the finished cushion.

My husband announced that he was going to do some paperwork today as he was so far behind with it, unfortunately he didn't manage to make it from the chair to the desk, so it will have to wait for another day.

Had a very long chat on the phone to my friend who is self isolating on her own and in her words 'going stir crazy'. I wouldn't mind but it's only day three! Hopefully I cheered her up a bit. She mentioned that some kind person had left her some cheese, cat litter and milk on her doorstep which her daughter organised through a friend.

The trouble with this self isolation is that I spend more time on the computer and usually this means buying things! So today I have purchased a new printer and some inks. This will have to stop, I can't afford to buy things every day. To be fair I have been looking for a new printer for some time now, spending hours and hours reading reviews, checking technical websites, trawling through best buy sites and to be perfectly honest I am non the wiser. Well its too late now because I have pressed the button.

I am going to have to write things down as I go through the day because I'm sure I must have forgotten lots of things, re-reading this gives the impression that I haven't done very much today but I feel as though I have been busy all day and its definitely time for bed now. See you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment