Search This Blog

Welcome

Welcome to the Toadstool Cottage Crafts blog.

Hi I'm Pip and this is my blog about the behind the scenes goings on of my business - Toadstool Cottage Crafts. I've always loved craft and sewing but last year I thought I'd see if I could make it into a business.

This blog is a way of sharing my journey with you the ups and downs the successes and disasters (and there have been a few!). I know it will at least give you something to laugh at, but hope it will provide you with tips and inspiration for your own craft endeavours! If you have a question or something to say just leave me a comment.


Tuesday 17 March 2020

Self Isolation Day One

In order to keep myself occupied I thought I would write my blog as a diary and record all the events or non-events of my husband's and my self isolation, it may well be fun to read at a later date if we all get through this disaster.

We are having to isolate as my husband is over 70 and is quite poorly with 'underlying issues', on the other hand I am not yet 70!

I managed to install a DVD player in the wardrobe, where I had already installed a television and a sound bar. Simple though this was it did entail having to drill holes in the existing shelves to push cables and plugs through and to unplug the television, the soundbar and the Virgin cable box. I am very impressed that I managed to plug them all back into their respective places. The entertainment system in the bedroom is now working! There are however 5 separate hand controls so I foresee a lot of problems.

I also did 3 loads of washing, I always have a backlog of washing over the winter months as my machine is in the back of the garage and in order to access it I have to go outside, which I know is no hardship but it always puts me off going to the machine. Inevitably what happens is I put some washing in the machine and then completely forget about it, several days later when I return with another load of washing I find the first load still in the machine. This first load then has to be re-washed so I take the second load of washing back into the house and the whole process starts again because I forget about the washing in the machine. Some loads are washed many, many times and some loads just make a bigger pile!

I have been planning to make a particular bag now for weeks so today I decided to finish all the cutting out and start the sewing. Unfortunately although I seem to have every conceivable colour of thread I don't have the colour I need for this bag and I can't go shopping. Not to worry I will order some online. Naturally you can't just get a reel of cotton without incurring ridiculous postage costs, so of course I had to add more things to my basket until I qualified for free postage. Turns out one reel of cotton can be quite expensive!

I never remember to take a picture when it is daylight so this is a bit dark and doesn't really display the bright orange at it's best.

Today I learnt that you can't iron vinyl. No need to say anything else regarding this!

Luckily the dog's food was delivered, so he now has enough to last for 3 weeks.


Tomorrow I must plan to do something more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment